wds 0x2740 may pop up when the hard disk has not sufficient space.
computer BIOS might be incompatible or it might need to be updated.
Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers.
device driver or a system service might be missing.
Bad third party program.
1. Remove the software which you installed lately.
Run SmartPCFixer, choose System Tools, and click Uninstaller, then choose the program you have just installed.
2. Update your Unknown to the latest version.
For windows 7 users:
Click Start, and search windows update as the pictures below:
Click check for update, and update all the important updates which windows recommend for you.
3. System restore is always the best way to remove common computer errors.
Please visit Microsoft website to
Windows 10 system restore:
Windows 7 8 system restore:
From what has been discussed above, we may draw a conclusion that wds 0x2740 could be a bad dream for you. Follow the above steps, repair wds 0x2740 and speed up your windows at once.
1. Whatever steps you want to do for your computer, you had better run as an administrator.
2. Depending on the version of Windows you're using, the above steps may be slightly different, but the basic process is mostly the same.