- Sometimes, when you are trying to update your windows system, some important dll files or registries files is missing or corrupted.
- Install or uninstall programs in a wrong way and infected with Virus or Trojan.
- Device drivers are outdated or installed wrongly.
1.Uninstall the application which you installed lately.
Go to Control Panel, choose Uninstall a program, right-click the software you want to uninstall and click Uninstall. It is deserved to mention that SmartPCFixer has the uninstall function which will largely save your time and fix errors efficiently.
2. Run a windows update to eliminate windows update 0x80244022 error.
Click Start, Type windows update in the searching box and click check for update.
3. Run SFC to fix your windows system problems.
System File Checker is a free utility that help people scan damaged system files and fix it automatically. Do not ignore the influence of bad system files, it may lead the unstableness of your computer.
Click "Start" Button, and type CMD in the searching box. Right-click "CMD", then run as administrator.
At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:
4. Log on windows in Safe mode with Networking and see if the error still persists in Windows.
Click Start, type MSCONFIG, and click Boot from the pop up dialog. Tick Safe Boot in Boot Option, then select Network and Reboot the PC.
From all the consideration above, it is obvious that solving windows update 0x80244022 is not that easy for people. We highly recommend people try SmartPCFixer to cope with this problem.
1. Whatever steps you want to do for your computer, you had better run as an administrator.
2. According to your computer windows system, the above steps may be slightly different, but the basic process is mostly the same.